From: john1987 on
I think that I am doing what are suggesting to use the differeniator.
But is there another analog way to do it meant without using the RC
circuit.

From: Jim Thompson on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:03:46 -0700 (PDT), john1987
<conphiloso(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>I think that I am doing what are suggesting to use the differeniator.
>But is there another analog way to do it meant without using the RC
>circuit.

You have an integrator (of sorts).

I don't know of any way to find a sinusoid's peak without using a
capacitor or a tracking A-to-D.

This seems to work pretty well...

http://analog-innovations.com/SED/PeakFinder_2.pdf

"U1" is a comparator.

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Spice is like a sports car...
Performance only as good as the person behind the wheel.
From: john1987 on
Hi,

Can you give some advice about how to use tracking A/D option to do
this?

Thanks

John
From: Phil Hobbs on
john1987 wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks for your response. I need analog or digital solution to
> implement it. I have doe search on peak detector on the internet and
> found many circuits. But I need something that can do what I mentioned
> in the diagram. Ideally with out those capacitor and resistor. If you
> can direct me in correct way than I wil be thankful.
>
> John

One method is to use a track/hold and a comparator--you put the T/H in
track mode when its output is less than its input, and in hold mode
otherwise. Of course that's also an RC in disguise, but it does have
the advantage of storing the peak value for you to use elsewhere.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal
From: Jim Thompson on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 12:48:50 -0700 (PDT), john1987
<conphiloso(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Can you give some advice about how to use tracking A/D option to do
>this?
>
>Thanks
>
>John

That's Fields area of expertise. He uses such off-the-shelf devices.
I don't, I design microchips, so I don't keep up with what's
available.

...Jim Thompson