From: schaf on
Hi All,
I would like to ask if there is a specific ID for each server or at
least for each instance?
I would like to use it like @@nodeid (which i know from Sybase)

Thanks
From: Eric Isaacs on
One of these might help you...

SELECT
SERVERPROPERTY('ComputerNamePhysicalNetBIOS'),
ISNULL(SERVERPROPERTY('InstanceName'), 'Default'),
SERVERPROPERTY('ServerName'),
SERVERPROPERTY('MachineName'),
DB_NAME()

Other than that, look into the ServerProperty function for more
options.

-Eric Isaacs
From: schaf on
On 2 Jul., 22:38, Eric Isaacs <eisa...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> One of these might help you...
>
> SELECT
>     SERVERPROPERTY('ComputerNamePhysicalNetBIOS'),
>     ISNULL(SERVERPROPERTY('InstanceName'), 'Default'),
>     SERVERPROPERTY('ServerName'),
>     SERVERPROPERTY('MachineName'),
>     DB_NAME()
>
> Other than that, look into the ServerProperty function for more
> options.

> -Eric Isaacs

Hi Eric, Hi all!
Thanks for your response.
Unfortunately these properties will not fit my needs.
I need to uniquely identify each installed server. Therefore I'm
looking for a Server UID or the possibility to retrieve the MAC
Address of the SQL Server.
Is something like that available?

Thanks