From: Vincent Fatica on
When DevStudio (2008) is started at its start page and one of the recent
projects is from a network share which is not currently available, DevStudio
hangs until an attempt to access the network fails (about 30 seconds). Is there
any way to avoid that? Thanks.
--
- Vince
From: Victor Bazarov on
On 5/25/2010 3:35 PM, Vincent Fatica wrote:
> When DevStudio (2008) is started at its start page and one of the recent
> projects is from a network share which is not currently available, DevStudio
> hangs until an attempt to access the network fails (about 30 seconds). Is there
> any way to avoid that? Thanks.

You can tell the VStudio to "start with an empty project". It's in
options somewhere (too lazy to look it up for you). BTW, there is a
better newsgroup for this type of questions: 'm.p.vc.ide_general'.