From: No Spam on
Device Doctor is a freeware Windows application that scans your computer
hardware and checks to see if there are new driver updates available for
your devices. It also locates drivers for "unidentified devices" in the
Windows Device Manager.
NOTE: This tool was designed to be very simple and easy to use.
Just click on 'Begin Scan' to detect your hardware; Device Doctor
queries our manufacturer driver database and immediately fetches the
correct driver files for your computer.

Device Doctor Features
Device Driver Database

Provides drivers for every major computer hardware and device
manufacturer
More than 3 terabytes (3,000 GB) of drivers currently in the database
We cache all drivers so downloads are quick and work every time
Fast hardware scan takes mere seconds
Consistent Updating

Constantly updated to include new driver versions as soon as released
Every driver is human reviewed using specialized compatibility tools
Learns from other users to recommend better drivers every day
Future-proof with Windows 7 and 64-bit Support

Designed for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
Thousands of drivers coming in weekly for Windows 7
Full support for 64-bit systems, as well as 32-bit systems
Other Big Deal Functionality

Provides device names for unknown devices before updating drivers
Can be used offline - scan results are saved so you can move them to a
connected computer and download there
Updates WHQL (Microsoft certified) and non-WHQL drivers
Yes, it is completely free with no adware or malware!

Portable version available
http://www.devicedoctor.com/

From: tim on
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 22:11:46 +0000 (UTC), Bear Bottoms
<bearbottoms1(a)gmai.com> wrote:

>Bear Bottoms <bearbottoms1(a)gmai.com> wrote in
>
>>> http://www.devicedoctor.com/

>One of the drivers from the Device Doctor scan that it said needed updating
>was a Standard PS/2 keyboard and the driver installer download was 6MB for
>it.
>
>I didn't install it because it was a Hewlitt Packard driver and I have a
>Dell Inspiron Laptop. I find that interesting, and my laptop keyboard works
>just fine thank you (I do not have a USB keyboard hooked to the laptop...I
>use the laptops keyboard.)

I got HP Keyboard software version 1.0.2.0 for Japanese version of
Windows XP. I'm using Windows 7.
Hmmm, now I'm wondering about the Realtek HD sound drivers.....

tim