From: Kim Webb on
About 10 minutes after I receive the error below (nightly arounf
midnight to one am) both the frewall and routing and remote access
service are shut down.

"The device, \Device\Scsi\mraid35x1, did not respond within the timeout
period.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

Any ideas what might be happening or how I figure it out? Thanks.

From: Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP] on
You'll need to flip your ISA log files to not use MSDE and instead use
files.

You have a underpowered drive system and it's not liking ISA doing it's
maintenance and the box doing it's thing at the same time.

--
An open letter to the Security Community::
http://msmvps.com/bradley/archive/2004/12/12/23540.aspx
From: SuperGumby [SBS MVP] on
though I believe Susan is correct I'm interested what sort of dives you have
connected to that system (size, bus and rotational speed if you know them).
Are there devices other than drives connected to the controller? What
percentage of free space on the drives?

BTW, a quick google of 'mraid35x' brought up a lot of discussion about the
error, and in relation to your question much of the discussion was about
timeouts due to high bus utilisation. There are indications that devices
should be checked and firmware and driver updates applied.

From: Kim Webb on
How do I do this?

From: SuperGumby [SBS MVP] on
start/programs/isa/isa server management

click on monitoring, then right hands side 'configure firewall logging'

"Kim Webb" <kimwebb(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> How do I do this?
>
>>You'll need to flip your ISA log files to not use MSDE and instead use
> files.
>

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Remote Web Workplace