From: Peter Mairhofer on
Hi,

What is the quickest way to dial a specific number with any button on a
Windows Mobile 2003 device?

Thanks,
Peter

PS: My phone is broken: It only works when the battery level is low.
When battery level is high (above 70%) I only get a white screen. The
screen works again when (obviously) drawing high current - e.g.
Bluetooth, Wifi or using GSM. It seems that recovering the device is
possible if drawing as much power as possible. I think this could be
achieved by starting a call e.g. to my own mailbox. I could then use
e.g. the camera button to issue a call which would draw high current and
make the device useable.
From: Sven on
Should be able to hold down the 1 key and that should dial your voicemail
box, unless you have changed that.

Never seen power level do anything remotely like this. It's extreme, but I
would suggest a hard reset on the device. How you do that on a WM2003
depends a bit on the device. Bing for hard reset and your device name. It's
typically holding down a few keys at a time for a few seconds. Be aware
that resets the phone to factory, out-of-the-box fresh, no apps, no
contacts, clean. If that doesn't fix it, get a new phone.

From: r_z_aret on
On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:05:50 +0200, Peter Mairhofer <63832452(a)gmx.net>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What is the quickest way to dial a specific number with any button on a
>Windows Mobile 2003 device?
>
>Thanks,
>Peter
>

>PS: My phone is broken: It only works when the battery level is low.
>When battery level is high (above 70%) I only get a white screen.

Is this only when the phone is on battery, only on charger, or both?

Perhaps a new battery will solve the problem. I have no specific
reasons, but do know that weak/old battery can cause odd problems. And
replacement batteries can be only a few dollars.

The
>screen works again when (obviously) drawing high current - e.g.
>Bluetooth, Wifi or using GSM. It seems that recovering the device is
>possible if drawing as much power as possible. I think this could be
>achieved by starting a call e.g. to my own mailbox. I could then use
>e.g. the camera button to issue a call which would draw high current and
>make the device useable.

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
20 Park Plaza, Suite 400
Boston, MA 02116
www.penfact.com
From: Peter Mairhofer on
Hi,

No, I really want just place a call when pressing a button.(Automatically)

Itis a hardware issue

It need to be a hardware button therefore the one key is no option

Peter

From: Peter Mairhofer on
Am 30.03.2010 16:53, schrieb r_z_aret(a)pen_fact.com:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 17:05:50 +0200, Peter Mairhofer<63832452(a)gmx.net>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is the quickest way to dial a specific number with any button on a
>> Windows Mobile 2003 device?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Peter
>>

>> PS: My phone is broken: It only works when the battery level is low.
>> When battery level is high (above 70%) I only get a white screen.
>
> Is this only when the phone is on battery, only on charger, or both?

Both

> Perhaps a new battery will solve the problem. I have no specific
> reasons, but do know that weak/old battery can cause odd problems. And
> replacement batteries can be only a few dollars.

No, it is a hardware issue

Regards, Peter