From: Stephen on
I've got exactly the same issue. I get to the login screen, type in a username/password and it just goes back to the login screen.

I've got two front ends for it (one Windows, other is Forms) so can get into the site, and check security etc, all of which looks good and will let me search for my Forms users/groups and give them access to various things, but when I actually come to logon, it just returns me straight back to the login page - I don't get any error, or no access message, or in fact any other kind of message.

Totally stumpted, and since this looks like the same thing, wondered if you had any success.

devs wrote:

hi
12-Jun-09

You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Monday, April 02, 2007 6:25 PM
Nils Magnus wrote:

Forms authentication in WSS 3.0, cannot sign in
Hello,

I've tried to set up Forms authentication on a WSS 3.0 Web application
according to this page:
http://weblog.vb-tech.com/nick/archive/2006/06/14/1617.aspx (I know it's
for MOSS, but the steps seem to fit with WSS as well).

I've created a user in the AspSqlMembershipProvider tables in the
Content database, and I've successfully added that newly created user as
the Site Collection Administrator for the web application in the Central
Administration.

The end of the tutorial states that the site should be available
anonymously, but I get straight to the "Sign in" form when I try to
access the site - and when I try to log in, I get back to the "Sign in"
form without anything happening - I don't get any "Login failed" message
or any other error message - I click Sign In, and the sign in page
basically just refreshes itself.

I've checked the event viewer, but there's not anything worth noting
there. I've also taken a look at the log files in C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\LOGS, but I
can't find anything which seems to be related to the sign-in attempt.

Any ideas what could be wrong? All help is very appreciated!

Thanks.

Regards,
Nils Magnus

On Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:09 PM
ruchitrivedi1 wrote:

Re: Forms authentication in WSS 3.0, cannot sign in
On Apr 3, 3:25 am, Nils Magnus <n...(a)nmee.net> wrote:
are you using userName you added as administrator of site? Ideally
after adding user as site admin, one gets logged in using that account
and then adds remaining.
Try to write some thing more after user is added as site admin. Its
not necessary to make site available anonymously

On Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:26 PM
Nils Magnus wrote:

Re: Forms authentication in WSS 3.0, cannot sign in
Yes, I added the user as site admin. That's the user I am not able to log
in with...

Regards,
Nils Magnus

On Wednesday, April 04, 2007 2:35 PM
Jerry Rasmussen wrote:

I am curious what method did you use to add the first user in the sql database?
I am curious what method did you use to add the first user in the sql
database?

"The end of the tutorial states that the site should be available
anonymously, but I get straight to the "Sign in" You have to login to
the site to enable Anonymous access. This first check box only give to
the ability to add anonymous access to the site.

ruchitrivedi19(a)rediffmail.com wrote:

On Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:58 PM
Nils Magnus wrote:

Hi, as the tutorial suggests, I made a new Web site using Visual Studio, then
Hi, as the tutorial suggests, I made a new Web site using Visual Studio,
then used the ASP.NET Configuration site to add the user (after
configuring Web.config to point to the correct database).

Ok, so that explains why I'm not seeing anything as an anonymous user,
but I still don't have any clues as to why I'm not able to log in.

When I added the user as a Site Collection Administrator in the Central
Administration site, it verified that the user existed.

Regards,
Nils Magnus

Jerry Rasmussen wrote:

On Thursday, April 05, 2007 8:43 AM
Jerry Rasmussen wrote:

Did you edit the web.config files in all three site collections.
Did you edit the web.config files in all three site collections.
Central admin, Extended site, the original web application you setup?

Nils Magnus wrote:

On Wednesday, April 11, 2007 4:17 PM
Chandima [ MVP SharePoint ] wrote:

You may want to check out the forums for the CodePlex Forms authentication
You may want to check out the forums for the CodePlex Forms authentication
project site here:

http://www.codeplex.com/MOSSFormsFeature

--
Chandima Kulathilake
Microsoft MVP (Microsoft Office SharePoint Server)

<ruchitrivedi19(a)rediffmail.com> wrote in message

On Friday, June 12, 2009 3:56 AM
devs wrote:

hi
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

Distributed Data Grids - Share Objects Between Windows Service and ASP.NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/953ed61f-e440-4ca5-8b7a-1bb00e33db07/distributed-data-grids-.aspx
From: JT49684 on
I had a similar issue. Users were being asked to login twice before gaining
access.
The issue was the logo picture being drawn from another sub-site with unique
permissions. Cancelling the second logon would allow access and leave the
logo space blank. Of course most users would not think to cancel a login
screen so it just seemed like a nuisance. Make sure all displayed information
is from the same site or that the access permissions are the same for all
content on the page.