From: GS on
Howard Brazee explained on 6/4/2010 :
> On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 23:13:58 -0400, GS <gesansom(a)netscape.net> wrote:
>
>> Where are you storing the value you have for each year? Are you trying
>> to generate numbers for each month (1 to 12), or month names (Jan to
>> Dec)?
>>
>> A sample of where your year values are stored and the expected results
>> of the formula would be very helpful!
>
> I'm off today and the sheet is at work. I do some manipulation of
> date functions to display the date. I would have to do some other
> manipulation to get it back.
>
> I simplified what I'm doing for this thread. Make any assumptions
> about date that would illustrate your solution.

Try this...

Copy this sub into a module:

Sub InterpolateMonthlyValues(YearsToDo As String)
Dim i As Long, r As Long
Dim s1 As String, s2 As String, f1 As String, f2 As String, f3 As
String
Dim vYrs As Variant

r = 1
f1 = "=month(text(row()-"
f2 = "&""/1/""&D$"
f3 = ",""mm/dd/yyyy""))"

vYrs = Split(YearsToDo, ",")
For i = LBound(vYrs) To UBound(vYrs)
s1 = f1 & CStr(r) & f2 & CStr(r) & f3
s2 = "D" & CStr(r)
With Range(s2)
.value = vYrs(i)
With .Offset(1).Resize(12)
.Formula = s1
' .value = .value 'convert to constants if desired
End With
End With
'Insert 1 blank row between groupings
r = r + 14 'spacing: adjust to suit
Next
End Sub

Enter this in the Immediate Window:
InterpolateMonthlyValues "2007,2008,2009,2010"

Hopefully, you'll be able to modify it to suit your need if it's not
exactly what you want 'as is'.

regards,

--
Garry

From: Howard Brazee on
On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 13:21:50 -0400, GS <gesansom(a)netscape.net> wrote:

>Hopefully, you'll be able to modify it to suit your need if it's not
>exactly what you want 'as is'.

Interesting. That will be fun to play with when I have time. Thanks.

- James Madison