From: Howard Brazee on

I have a need to calculate a formula that I don't know how to
reference. The following is the pattern that I could hard code.
Basically, I have a value for each year, and need to interpolate
monthly values. Is there a more generic way of entering these
cells?

=D1 + (D15-D1)*1
=D1 + (D15-D1)*2
=D1 + (D15-D1)*3
=D1 + (D15-D1)*4
=D1 + (D15-D1)*5
=D1 + (D15-D1)*6
=D1 + (D15-D1)*7
=D1 + (D15-D1)*8
=D1 + (D15-D1)*9
=D1 + (D15-D1)*10
=D1 + (D15-D1)*11
=D1 + (D15-D1)*12

=D30 + (D30-D15)*1
=D30 + (D30-D15)*2
=D30 + (D30-D15)*3
=D30 + (D30-D15)*4
=D30 + (D30-D15)*5
=D30 + (D30-D15)*6
=D30 + (D30-D15)*7
=D30 + (D30-D15)*8
=D30 + (D30-D15)*9
=D30 + (D30-D15)*10
=D30 + (D30-D15)*11
=D30 + (D30-D15)*12

- James Madison
From: Howard Brazee on
Oops, those multiplies should be from 0 through 11, not 1 through 12.

On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:11:35 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net>
wrote:

>I have a need to calculate a formula that I don't know how to
>reference. The following is the pattern that I could hard code.
>Basically, I have a value for each year, and need to interpolate
>monthly values. Is there a more generic way of entering these
>cells?
>
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*1
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*2
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*3
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*4
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*5
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*6
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*7
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*8
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*9
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*10
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*11
>=D1 + (D15-D1)*12
>

>=D30 + (D30-D15)*1
>=D30 + (D30-D15)*2
>=D30 + (D30-D15)*3
>=D30 + (D30-D15)*4
>=D30 + (D30-D15)*5
>=D30 + (D30-D15)*6
>=D30 + (D30-D15)*7
>=D30 + (D30-D15)*8
>=D30 + (D30-D15)*9
>=D30 + (D30-D15)*10
>=D30 + (D30-D15)*11
>=D30 + (D30-D15)*12

- James Madison
From: Lars-�ke Aspelin on
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:17:59 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net>
wrote:

>Oops, those multiplies should be from 0 through 11, not 1 through 12.
>
>On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:11:35 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net>
>wrote:
>

>>I have a need to calculate a formula that I don't know how to
>>reference. The following is the pattern that I could hard code.
>>Basically, I have a value for each year, and need to interpolate
>>monthly values. Is there a more generic way of entering these
>>cells?
>>
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*1
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*2
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*3
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*4
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*5
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*6
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*7
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*8
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*9
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*10
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*11
>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*12
>>

>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*1
>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*2
>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*3
>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*4
>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*5
>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*6
>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*7
>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*8
>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*9
>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*10
>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*11
>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*12

If the first formula in in cell D2, try this:

=D1+(D15-D1)*(ROW(D2)-ROW(D$1))

Hope this helps / Lars-�ke
From: Howard Brazee on
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:27:04 +0200, Lars-�ke Aspelin
<larske(a)REMOOVEtelia.com> wrote:

>If the first formula in in cell D2, try this:
>
>=D1+(D15-D1)*(ROW(D2)-ROW(D$1))

That looks promising.

- James Madison
From: Lars-�ke Aspelin on
On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 21:27:04 +0200, Lars-�ke Aspelin
<larske(a)REMOOVEtelia.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:17:59 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net>
>wrote:
>
>>Oops, those multiplies should be from 0 through 11, not 1 through 12.
>>
>>On Thu, 03 Jun 2010 13:11:35 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I have a need to calculate a formula that I don't know how to
>>>reference. The following is the pattern that I could hard code.
>>>Basically, I have a value for each year, and need to interpolate
>>>monthly values. Is there a more generic way of entering these
>>>cells?
>>>
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*1
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*2
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*3
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*4
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*5
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*6
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*7
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*8
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*9
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*10
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*11
>>>=D1 + (D15-D1)*12
>>>

>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*1
>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*2
>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*3
>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*4
>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*5
>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*6
>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*7
>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*8
>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*9
>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*10
>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*11
>>>=D30 + (D30-D15)*12
>

>If the first formula in in cell D2, try this:
>
>=D1+(D15-D1)*(ROW(D2)-ROW(D$1))
>
>Hope this helps / Lars-�ke

Oops, forgot to write that the formula in D2 can now be copied down
column D until cell D12.

Lars-�ke