From: George Kerby on

On 1/18/10 12:07 PM, in article 4b54a356$0$1615$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net,
"Ray Fischer" <rfischer(a)sonic.net> wrote:

> GMAN <Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org> wrote:
>> In article <4b547953$0$1674$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, rfischer(a)sonic.net
>> wrote:

>>> You can have digitial images printed to slides. The quality (at
>>> large sizes) will be better and cheaper than spending a couple of
>>> thousand pounds for a video projector.
>>>
>>> It's a tradeoff between cost and convenience.
>>>
>> Why the hell would he want to go backwards?
>
> Because slides in a slide projector are sharper than a digital
> projector and much, much cheaper. Are you one of those idiots who
> worships technology even when it's not appropriate?

Typical FishHead Rot response.

From: GMAN on
In article <C77A02C5.3C59F%ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com>, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>On 1/18/10 11:42 AM, in article
>1415n.110098$5n7.9705(a)en-nntp-09.dc1.easynews.com, "GMAN"
><Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org> wrote:
>
>> In article <4b547953$0$1674$742ec2ed(a)news.sonic.net>, rfischer(a)sonic.net
>> wrote:

>>> You can have digitial images printed to slides. The quality (at
>>> large sizes) will be better and cheaper than spending a couple of
>>> thousand pounds for a video projector.
>>>
>>> It's a tradeoff between cost and convenience.
>>>
>> Why the hell would he want to go backwards?
>
>Typical FishHead Rot illogic.

You got me all wrong here. I love slides, but to say that he should take all
of his newer digital photographs and convert them into slides just so he can
show them on a slide projector that is most likely 30 years old, is stupid.

He should invest in a somewhat decent projector.
From: tony cooper on
On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:30:42 GMT, Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org
(GMAN) wrote:

>In article <C77A02C5.3C59F%ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com>, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>On 1/18/10 11:42 AM, in article
>>1415n.110098$5n7.9705(a)en-nntp-09.dc1.easynews.com, "GMAN"
>><Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org> wrote:

>>> Why the hell would he want to go backwards?
>>
>>Typical FishHead Rot illogic.
>>
>You got me all wrong here. I love slides, but to say that he should take all
>of his newer digital photographs and convert them into slides just so he can
>show them on a slide projector that is most likely 30 years old, is stupid.
>
>He should invest in a somewhat decent projector.

Or burn them on a DVD and show them on his large-screen television.
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: GMAN on
In article <22e9l594t31um61gii5p4cq47vg3t0sgoc(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:30:42 GMT, Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org
>(GMAN) wrote:
>
>>In article <C77A02C5.3C59F%ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com>, George Kerby
> <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>>On 1/18/10 11:42 AM, in article
>>>1415n.110098$5n7.9705(a)en-nntp-09.dc1.easynews.com, "GMAN"

>>>Typical FishHead Rot illogic.
>>>
>>You got me all wrong here. I love slides, but to say that he should take all
>>of his newer digital photographs and convert them into slides just so he can
>>show them on a slide projector that is most likely 30 years old, is stupid.
>>
>>He should invest in a somewhat decent projector.
>
>Or burn them on a DVD and show them on his large-screen television.

Yes, good advice
From: Chris Malcolm on
GMAN <Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org> wrote:
> In article <C77A02C5.3C59F%ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com>, George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>>On 1/18/10 11:42 AM, in article
>>1415n.110098$5n7.9705(a)en-nntp-09.dc1.easynews.com, "GMAN"
>><Winniethepooh(a)100acrewoods.org> wrote:

>>> Why the hell would he want to go backwards?
>>
>>Typical FishHead Rot illogic.
>>
> You got me all wrong here. I love slides, but to say that he should take all
> of his newer digital photographs and convert them into slides just so he can
> show them on a slide projector that is most likely 30 years old, is stupid.

> He should invest in a somewhat decent projector.

A digital projector as good as a good 30 year old slide projector will
cost more than 100 times as much.

--
Chris Malcolm