From: heepofajeep on
Hi, I am a newbie using a PCI-6220 card with Labview 7.0 I am having troubles getting the Digital output to work.  Using the DAQ assistant, I click on Digital output >>>  Port 1 output >>> 1 Sample (On Demand) >>> Test   In the test screen, I have the output set to FF.  I have one leg of an oscilloscope connected to PFI 5/1.5 [pin 6], and one leg connected to D GND [pin 44].  On the scope, I am not reading anything, however.    So my question is, what am I doing wrong!? Additionally, if I set the Sample Type to Continous, or N samples, using either internal, or a myriad of external clock types, I get an error that says: " Error -201062 occurred at DAQ AssistantPossible
Reason(s):Selected lines do not support buffered
operations.Ensure only lines that support buffered operations are being
used in the task. If using change detection, the task must be changed to
non-buffered hardware timed single point to support these
lines.Device: Dev2Physical Channel: port1/line0"Your feed back is very much appreciated!!!

retarded Dout.vi:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/206906/1/retarded Dout.vi
From: Tania Lozoya on
Hi heepofajeep,
Fisrt we have to see if the board is working correctly. The best thing to do, is to use the Test Panels in MAX. Open Max, go to Device and Interfaces, NI-DAQmx Devices, click on you device, and then look for the "Test Panels" button.  Then in the Test panels, go to Digital I/O, select Port 1, then click the button "All ouput", and then in the "Select State" section, change the switches, the values of the lines of the port, do that you can check with your oscilloscope.
Also you can use the next utility to test you board, be sure to have the board disconected from any signal:
Whar version of NI-DAQmx are you using?
Let me know how it turns out.
Tania Lozoya