From: Nick Naym on
It begins to dim after a relatively short period of inactivity. Where the
hell is the prefs setting(s) to change the amount of time before it kicks
in?

(I've checked the Energy Saver, and it is indeed set to dim the display
before the display goes to sleep...but I have _that_ set for 1.5 hours, and
the dimming occurs after maybe 15 minutes of inactivity. And although it's
also set to dim the display very shortly after my UPS kicks in, my UPS is
_not_ kicking in when this happens.)

--
iMac (27", 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD) � OS X (10.6.3)

From: Barry Margolin on
In article <C889A628.62475%nicknaym@_remove_this_gmail.com.invalid>,
Nick Naym <nicknaym@_remove_this_gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

> It begins to dim after a relatively short period of inactivity. Where the
> hell is the prefs setting(s) to change the amount of time before it kicks
> in?
>
> (I've checked the Energy Saver, and it is indeed set to dim the display
> before the display goes to sleep...but I have _that_ set for 1.5 hours, and
> the dimming occurs after maybe 15 minutes of inactivity. And although it's
> also set to dim the display very shortly after my UPS kicks in, my UPS is
> _not_ kicking in when this happens.)

Have you tried unchecking "dim display before the display goes to
sleep"? There's no setting that controls how long before the display
goes to sleep, it could be hard-coded to 15 minutes of inactivity.

--
Barry Margolin, barmar(a)alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA