From: Suze on
OK, I ran Tiger for about 5 years on my old Mini, and just recently
bought a new Mac Mini running Snow Leopard. It seems that the folders
and files on my desktop have names that tend to abbreviate themselves
with fewer letters than they did in the past. I've done the obligatory
internet search and cannot find the answer.
For instance, where I used to name a folder or file "letters ruthanne
from 2006", I now get a shortened version like "letters ruthanne...06".
Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, does anyone know of a way to
have the entire folder/file name displayed instead of the shortened
version?
TIA
--
Suze
Think of how stupid the average person is, and
From: Suze on
In article
<replytome-ACC6AA.12501112082010(a)reserved-multicast-range-not-delegated.
example.com>,
Suze <replytome(a)thenewsgroup.com> wrote:

> OK, I ran Tiger for about 5 years on my old Mini, and just recently
> bought a new Mac Mini running Snow Leopard. It seems that the folders
> and files on my desktop have names that tend to abbreviate themselves
> with fewer letters than they did in the past. I've done the obligatory
> internet search and cannot find the answer.
> For instance, where I used to name a folder or file "letters ruthanne
> from 2006", I now get a shortened version like "letters ruthanne...06".
> Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, does anyone know of a way to
> have the entire folder/file name displayed instead of the shortened
> version?
> TIA

Duh. Finally found my answer: increase grid spacing in finder view
options.