Prev: cannot install
Next: Updates
From: i95em on
I'm trying to play various files that I've converted to different formats.
I've tried three different formats. Two of the videos play, but with no
sound. One video won't play because RealPlayer SP says it has to download
update and then it can't because "Microsoft DirectShow compatible MPEG-2
decoding software isn't installed". I have wasted a great deal of time trying
to find what I need and can't. When I found one site and tried to download it
said I didn't need it because I have SP3. I have windows xp home edition
2002, sp3. I want to play on Real PlayerSP. I never had this problem a month
ago and I don't know why it's happening now. Thank you for your help.
From: Michael on
....and your Windows Update question is???

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"i95em" <i95em(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to play various files that I've converted to different formats.
> I've tried three different formats. Two of the videos play, but with no
> sound. One video won't play because RealPlayer SP says it has to download
> update and then it can't because "Microsoft DirectShow compatible MPEG-2
> decoding software isn't installed". I have wasted a great deal of time
> trying
> to find what I need and can't. When I found one site and tried to download
> it
> said I didn't need it because I have SP3. I have windows xp home edition
> 2002, sp3. I want to play on Real PlayerSP. I never had this problem a
> month
> ago and I don't know why it's happening now. Thank you for your help.

Pages: 1
Prev: cannot install
Next: Updates