From: BSpero on
Hey there,
I don't do presentations like you, so I might not totally be what you're
looking for, but I do have a couple things to offer. I was a Director user for
years, and still really like it. Mostly, I use it when I have outside resources
that I have to interact with. Flash does not have the capability to play DVDs
inside it. Director can directly access the DVD and play it back. Flash can
deal with animations, text, and other content just as well as Director, if not
better, but when it comes to playing different media types or accessing varied
files - .pdf, .html, DVDs, Mpegs, etc. It is not as powerful as Director. There
have been rumblings of a new version of Director this year, so I wouldn't give
up on it yet. If you do want to get in to Flash, you can probably author a lof
of your content in it, and embed the .swf in the Director timeline.

- B