From: pwrmngr on

Hi there, I am trying to setup MS SBS 2008 and I would like to make it
ONLY a file server but it does not give me the option. Is there another
way on install to disable the DC install?

Also when I try and remote into it I keep getting user/password
incorrect.

Thanx all :)

--
pwrmngr
pwrmngr's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/240243.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: SteveB on
See my reply in the new Technet forum. Basically you can't setup SBS without
it being a DC.

Steve

From: Charlie Russel - MVP on
SBS can only be used as a domain controller, and must hold all the FSMO
roles for the domain. You simply can't do what you're trying to do. It's
both a violation of the EULA and technically impossilbe.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

From: pwrmngr on

Thanx Steve. I am gonna load Standard now :)