From: Tarcizo Azevedo on
I have the same trouble....
Already tried deadtime and other options.....

If someone can help us.

Paul

On Tue, 2006-11-28 at 18:30 -0500, Paul Abrahams wrote:
> I have a couple of Linux directories that are being exported via Samba running
> under SuSE 10.0. On the Windows side, each of them is assigned a (mapped)
> drive letter. In the "My Computer" list they initially show up as
> "Disconnected Network Drive". If I attempt to access a file within one of
> them, the access fails with an indication that the drive does not exist.
> (For example, if the drive letter is H:, doing "H:" from a C> prompt gives
> that message.) However, if in Windows I click on the drive, I get to see
> its contents and the status changes to "Network Drive". At that point the
> drive contents become available to my Windows applications.

This disconnected thing normal, and controlled on the Windows side.
Just ignore it. Use UNCs not [stupid legacy] drive letters.

If I recall correctly there is some registry tweak which relates to
this.

Found this nice info:

Net Config Server /autodisconnect:-1

Credits:
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/1999-July/013511.html

HTH
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L. | Get my e-mail after a captcha in:
Asuncion - Paraguay | http://tinymailto.com/oliver

Thanks for the tip about the registry, I found this interesting articles:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/138365/en-us

From here:

--
Oliver Schulze L. | Get my e-mail after a captcha in:
Asuncion - Paraguay | http://tinymailto.com/oliver

Hi Oliver,

On Saturday 16 December 2006 4:54 pm, Oliver Schulze L. wrote:
> Found this nice info:
>
> Net Config Server /autodisconnect:-1

Is that specifically:
C:> net config server /autodisconnect: -1

or is the syntax a little different? The capital letters left me wondering.

Thanks.

Paul