From: T. Valko on
>All those contains, greater than, does not...

If that's what they want, the filter criteria, then I got nothin'!

Here's what the formula I suggested will do...

D1 = column header = Car Make
D2 = Chevy
D3 = Ford
D4 = Ford
D5 = Chevy
D6 = Chrysler

If you filter that column on Car Make>Chrysler then the formula will return
Chrysler.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Dave Peterson on
Sometimes, when I was working with data I wasn't sure about was to add a column
of 1's and label it Counter.

Then each row of data had at least one field that was always there--no matter
how I filtered the data.

And it did make it easier to count the rows that were visible after the filter
was applied.

I know my co-workers didn't appreciate that extra column...until they actually
used it!

--

Dave Peterson