From: undisclosed on

::I have a requirement in an application developed in Access 2003 to
record signatures to be shown on a report. Whilst I believe I am
successfully capturing an INK signature and storing it in a db record, I
can not subsequently display the signature on a report.::
::
I am capturing the signature on a form in an INK enabled control. For
testing I have introduced extra fields in the underlying table to store
the images (one for each of the INK.SAVE formats - 0 to 3) and can see
data being added to the respective fields which seems consistent with
examples elsewhere.

However, to date I have not been able to subsequently display this data
directly on a report (I have been able to export the gif images to a
file then re-import and display the signature but this is a very crude
solution which is also very slow). All code is written in VBA.

Has anyone got some example VBA code to enable the displayed INK
signatures to be added to a report (via a query). I have looked through
.net examples and tried to relate to VBA but am obviously missing
something as everything I try just gives a blank field where a signature
should appear.

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Regards
Nick P
::

--
NICK300X
From: Beverly Howard on
Might search the forum using google groups
http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc?hl=en

This has been discussed before and there was an adobe annotator tool
that might meet your needs.

Most people who have this need resort to custom programming to meet
specific needs... i.e. if the signature is to be considered "legal"
there are going to have to be additional tracking and association needs
in place in addition to just capturing the written signature.

Beverly Howard
From: undisclosed on

::Thanks for the input. However have been searching the web for the last
2 days without success; most references seem to have been tidied up to
history.::
::
The document is a fully traceable item (it is in fact a technicians
report for a pest control visit) and uses the signature for the customer
to acknowledge he has seen the screen version of the report before their
copy is printed. Subsequently the record can then be used to reprint /
email a copy of the report at any time in the future (the most common
reason being the customer has lost the report and now needs a new copy
to satisfy officials). Without the ability to store the signature on the
db with the report means a paper copy with a \"real\" signature has to
be kept by the pest controller for every job.

The remainder of the report data is also used for statistical and
commercial purposes; keeping the signature with the record aids
validation of this data.

Nick Peek
::

--
NICK300X
From: Beverly Howard on
As mentioned, to get the functionality that you describe, think you are
going to have to contract someone to create a custom application.

There may be something out there, but I have not seen any reference to a
purchasable app.

You mention that you "searched" but did you search this group using
google groups?

Additionally, I would post a query at
microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc.developer as someone may have a
solution or an existing easily modifiable app.

Beverly Howard
From: undisclosed on

Thanks Beverly

Working so hard at getting a solution, I did not even think of the
obvious forum to ask the question.

Will add a comment to this thread if I do get an answer.

Nick Peek

--
NICK300X