From: Cdudej on
I have a byte array (byte[] file) the file contains html code.
Now i either want to allow the user to download it or open it. How
does one do this.
Thanks in advance.
From: Peter Duniho on
Cdudej wrote:
> I have a byte array (byte[] file) the file contains html code.

What file contains HTML code? Do you mean the byte array contains HTML
code?

> Now i either want to allow the user to download it or open it. How
> does one do this.

What is "it"? The HTML code?

What does "download it" mean in this context? Do you really have a user
at a remote endpoint, to whom you will deliver the data on request as a
download? Or something else?

What does "open it" mean in this context? Do you mean you want the data
interpreted as HTML and rendered in a browser window? In terms of
delivering the data to the user, is this (i.e. "open it") different from
"download it" or is the only difference in what happens _after_ the data
has been delivered to the user?

Unfortunately, your original question is very vague. Please provide a
more specific question so that a reasonable answer can be provided.

Thanks,
Pete
From: Jeff Johnson on
"Cdudej" <jedfletcher1(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>I have a byte array (byte[] file) the file contains html code.
> Now i either want to allow the user to download it or open it. How
> does one do this.

Pete's right in that your question is difficult to understand. However, just
a day or two ago I ran across a KB article which answered the exact question
I believe you're asking, which is "How do I force Internet Explorer to show
the Open/Save As dialog for a MIME type that it would normally just
automatically display?" so I think I can help you without further
clarification. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260519