From: Richard on
Hi,

I'm trying to display different phases of a single task on one line in
Project 2007.

There are over 40 individual tasks on the Gantt chart I am using and each of
these will contain separate phases. I would like to represent these phases as
bars in a different colour so it's easy to pick out the length of each
distinct section of the task (e.g. Planning, Approval, Implementation). Is it
possible to do this?

Thanks,

Richard
From: John on
In article <B087FBC9-60B6-44DA-9A57-CDB06199CC37(a)microsoft.com>,
Richard <Richard(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to display different phases of a single task on one line in
> Project 2007.
>
> There are over 40 individual tasks on the Gantt chart I am using and each of
> these will contain separate phases. I would like to represent these phases as
> bars in a different colour so it's easy to pick out the length of each
> distinct section of the task (e.g. Planning, Approval, Implementation). Is it
> possible to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Richard

Richard,
What you are calling a "task" is really multiple tasks, perhaps a
summary line. A summary line is not a task, despite its formal title in
Project's literature as "summary task".

If a summary line is really what you mean then yes, you can show each
performance task's Gantt bar at the summary level in a separate color by
giving each performance task Gantt bar its own color and then rolling
those up to the summary level.

If on the other hand you are trying to show multiple tasks (i.e.
planning, approval, etc.) on one line, then you need to re-configure
your plan to show each of those as individual performance tasks.

John
Project MVP