From: WJ on
I came across a DLL (a regular DLL) that exports C functions. But this DLL
has no DllMain or CWinApp derived class.
I'm no DLL expert. But I look at MFC generated DLL project, regular DLL has
DllMain, extension DLL has CWinApp.
So is this DLL legal without DllMain or CWinApp? It appears to be working
fine. Thanks.

WJ
From: David Ching on
"WJ" <WJ(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I came across a DLL (a regular DLL) that exports C functions. But this DLL
> has no DllMain or CWinApp derived class.
> I'm no DLL expert. But I look at MFC generated DLL project, regular DLL
> has
> DllMain, extension DLL has CWinApp.
> So is this DLL legal without DllMain or CWinApp? It appears to be working
> fine. Thanks.

If there's no CWinApp then the DLL was not written using MFC. If no DllMain
is included, the C-runtime will supply one, that is why it works.

-- David