From: Alan Whitehouse on
Hi,

Should deleted sites (i.e., //server_name/sitedirectory/site_name) show up in one of the recycle bins? If so, which one?

Deleted documents and links and all are working fine, but our client in testing deleted a site by mistake and wants to get it back.

I can't find it anywhere. Should it be somewhere or are deleted sites gone forever?

Alan
From: Cole on
On Feb 14, 7:51 am, "Alan Whitehouse" <awhitehouseNOS...(a)tgo.ca>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Should deleted sites (i.e., //server_name/sitedirectory/site_name) show up in one of the recycle bins? If so, which one?
>
> Deleted documents and links and all are working fine, but our client in testing deleted a site by mistake and wants to get it back.
>
> I can't find it anywhere. Should it be somewhere or are deleted sites gone forever?
>
> Alan

If you're using 2003, anything deleted is gone forever. Our admin has
to reinstall the whole portal if there's something that need to be
recovered. Better yet, upgrade to 2007 which comes with the recycle
bin.

Cole

From: Alan Whitehouse on
This is MOSS 2007 (I should have mentioned that). We deleted a site and
wanted to get it back but I can't find it in any of the recycle bins. Just
wondering where I should be looking specifically and what may have happened.

My big thing was to confirm that completely deleted sites go to the recycle
bin and not just site content.

From: Alan Whitehouse on
Can someone confirm for me with 2007?

From: Mike Walsh on
I've asked. I'll get back to you if there's an answer.

btw think about your bump question a bit ...

Mike Walsh
WSS FAQ: www.wssv3faq.com / wss.collutions.com
No private questions please (additions to FAQ welcome)