From: mac on
I have a laptop (Toshiba) in which one of the USB ports seems to be dead.
Do USB ports can go independently bad or could it be a Windows 7 issue like
a driver or such? I don't see any exclamation marks in the device manager.

mac

From: Conor on
On 16/05/2010 12:46, mac wrote:
> I have a laptop (Toshiba) in which one of the USB ports seems to be
> dead. Do USB ports can go independently bad or could it be a Windows 7
> issue like a driver or such? I don't see any exclamation marks in the
> device manager.

Yes they can independantly fail.

Each pair is a physically different port.

--
Conor I'm not prejudiced. I hate everyone equally.
From: Don Phillipson on
"mac" <mac(a)nospan.com> wrote in message

> I have a laptop (Toshiba) in which one of the USB ports seems to be dead.
> Do USB ports can go independently bad or could it be a Windows 7 issue

Yes: one of the two on my Toshiba laptop failed years ago.
A multiple USB "hub" (single USB connector to computer,
4 USB jacks) cost less than $10.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs