From: Hongyi Zhao on
Hi all,

Can I do the inplace edit without backup file generated by using ruby?

Best regards.
--
..: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.
From: Robert Klemme on
On 11/27/2009 03:21 AM, Hongyi Zhao wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can I do the inplace edit without backup file generated by using ruby?
>
> Best regards.

Usage: ruby [switches] [--] [programfile] [arguments]
-0[octal] specify record separator (\0, if no argument)
-a autosplit mode with -n or -p (splits $_ into $F)
-c check syntax only
-Cdirectory cd to directory, before executing your script
-d set debugging flags (set $DEBUG to true)
-e 'command' one line of script. Several -e's allowed. Omit
[programfile]
-Eencoding specifies the character encoding for the program codes
-Fpattern split() pattern for autosplit (-a)
-i[extension] edit ARGV files in place (make backup if extension
supplied)
-Idirectory specify $LOAD_PATH directory (may be used more than once)
-l enable line ending processing
-n assume 'while gets(); ... end' loop around your script
-p assume loop like -n but print line also like sed
-rlibrary require the library, before executing your script
-s enable some switch parsing for switches after script name
-S look for the script using PATH environment variable
-T[level] turn on tainting checks
-v print version number, then turn on verbose mode
-w turn warnings on for your script
-W[level] set warning level; 0=silence, 1=medium, 2=verbose
(default)
-x[directory] strip off text before #!ruby line and perhaps cd to
directory
--copyright print the copyright
--version print the version

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/