From: Rafael Costa Pimenta on
Hi
someone knows how to convert a word .doc to a PDF using PHP?

and how to store and retrieve a .doc file in a mssql database?
From: Chris on
Rafael Costa Pimenta wrote:
> Hi
> someone knows how to convert a word .doc to a PDF using PHP?

There are external tools available to do it.

http://doc2pdf.sourceforge.net/overview.html is one such tool.

After installing it you exec the binary:

exec('pdf2doc blah blah');

where 'blah blah' is whatever pdf2doc tells you to put in.

> and how to store and retrieve a .doc file in a mssql database?

I searched for 'mssql binary data' and found this article:

http://www.databasejournal.com/features/mssql/article.php/1475641/Storing-and-Retrieving-Binary-Data-in-SQL-Server.htm

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/

From: Rafael Costa Pimenta on
But the link http://doc2pdf.sourceforge.net/overview.html seems to use
e-mail, i did not understand, I just want to extract a word .doc file from
the mssql database, save in a temp directory, convert to the PDF format and
let the user download the PDF file.

--
Rafael Costa Pimenta
Analista de Sistemas
From: Chris on
Rafael Costa Pimenta wrote:
> But the link http://doc2pdf.sourceforge.net/overview.html seems to use
> e-mail, i did not understand, I just want to extract a word .doc file
> from the mssql database, save in a temp directory, convert to the PDF
> format and let the user download the PDF file.

There's a lot of stuff in there. Concentrate on each part separately and
don't worry about the next part just yet.

try http://www.phplivedocx.org/2009/02/06/convert-doc-to-pdf-in-php/ for
changing your doc to a pdf.

To get a doc in/out of mssql, there seems to be some magic you have to do:

http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-213799.html

If they don't work you're going to have to be more specific about what
you're having problems with.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/