From: Bob Bossi on
I received a MS Word 2003 document as an attachment to an e-mail. When I
saved it it showed the"date created" as the date I saved it. Is there any
way that I can determine the date and time the document was actually created
by the author? Thanks

From: Jay Freedman on
Insert a CreateDate field with the appropriate date/time formatting.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
That may still show the date the attachment was saved on your computer,
though.

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Jay Freedman on
I think that depends on how it was saved. Word's internal "creation
date" won't be reset if the attachment was simply saved from the email
to a file. If the attachment was opened in Word and saved by Word to a
file, then it would show that date. (Another good reason not to open
attachments directly.)

From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
Good point.