From: John on
I'm currently using the version of Word contained in Office 2003. I have
some documents I created with earlier versions which no longer can be
opened. I get this error message:

"You are attempting to open a file that was created in an earlier
version of Microsoft Office. This file type is blocked from opening in
this version by your registry policy setting."

How do I fix this? Thanks!

John
--
Please reply in this newsgroup. I never post my true
email address to prevent spam. Thank you.
From: Suzanne S. Barnhill on
See "Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install
Office 2003 Service Pack 3" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)

From: Graham Mayor on
See also http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922849

--
<>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<>
Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

From: Brian Gaff on
Could be that the copy of office used to save it ran as administrator, while
the current copy is as a user without the same rights.

Brian

Email: briang1(a)blueyonder.co.uk

From: Brian Gaff on
What does wordpad make of the file I wonder?