From: The Magnet on

Why does Oracle make things so difficult. We are looking for the
documentation for Standard Edition 1 for 11g r2 on Linux x86. Cannot
find it anywhere. Lot's of links to mane SE 1 things, but no real
documentation. Does anyone have that link?

Thanks!

From: Thomas Olszewicki on

http://www.oracle.com/pls/db112/homepage?remark=tahiti
From: Gints Plivna on
There isn't special documentation for SE. I like this doc site
http://tahiti.oracle.com/ as a starting point.
You should look into normal documentation for necessary version and
then in Licensing Information (for 11g rel 2 it is here
http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/E11882_01/license.112/e10594/toc.htm
) in chapter 1 Oracle Database Editions -> Table 1-1 Feature
Availability for Oracle Database Editions to find out what is in SE
and what isn't.

Gints Plivna
http://www.gplivna.eu/

From: Sybrand Bakker on
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 07:58:25 -0800 (PST), The Magnet <art(a)unsu.com>
wrote:

>Why does Oracle make things so difficult. We are looking for the
>documentation for Standard Edition 1 for 11g r2 on Linux x86. Cannot
>find it anywhere. Lot's of links to mane SE 1 things, but no real
>documentation. Does anyone have that link?
>
>Thanks!

There is no separate documentation for Standard. Standard = Enterprise
- some features.
Also there is generic and installation documentation.
Linux specific bits are in the installation documentation.
That said http://tahiti.oracle.com should work for you.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA
From: Mark D Powell on
On Dec 8, 10:58 am, The Magnet <a...(a)unsu.com> wrote:
> Why does Oracle make things so difficult.  We are looking for the
> documentation for Standard Edition 1 for 11g r2 on Linux x86.  Cannot
> find it anywhere.  Lot's of links to mane SE 1 things, but no real
> documentation.  Does anyone have that link?
>
> Thanks!

To add to what others have said. If you entered an SR and had support
send you a CD set then a documentation disk should have been part of
the CD set.

While using the online site is good I like to have a local copy in
case I do not have an Internet connection available which is true when
I VPN in from home or work on servers behind the firewall with no
Internet access. To obtain a download of the documentation for 11gR1
try http://www.oracle.com/technology/documentation/database11gr1.html

HTH -- Mark D Powell --