From: Larry Lindstrom on
Hi Folks:

Developing on XP Pro and Win 7 Ultra 64, VS 2008 Pro, C++.

I have a big, puking blood type of problem described below.

Let's talk about one small issue in the big picture. Perhaps
resolving this will be the key to fixing everything.

I've recently downloaded a copy of the C Run Time Redistributable
vcredist_x86.exe. The file version is 9.0.30729.4148.

After a re-boot, to make sure nothing that depended on the run time
was running, I ran vcredist_x86.exe, and it displayed a window that
presented me with some choices. In order to get the cleanest install, I
selected to remove the runtime.

I then looked in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
9.0\VC\redist\x86\Microsoft.VC90.CRT.

Should vcredist_x86.exe remove this folder? It didn't.

I then re-booted, and ran vcredist_x86.exe again.

That Microsoft.VC90.CRT folder is still there, and the DLLs in it
are version 9.0.21022.8.

Is version 9.0.30729.4148 of vcredist_x86.exe supposed to install
version 9.0.21022.8 of the DLLs?

The bigger picture...

Eleven days ago, on August 2, I posted a question about a project
that will compile, but then display a msvcp90.dll not found error when
an attempt was made to run it. Other projects compile and run fine.

The one response to that post has not proven to be effective in
resolving the issue, though I appreciate the effort.

I've been battling this without success in the week and a half that
have followed. I've even turned to Microsoft's Visual C++ form for the
first time, where my request for assistance has gone unanswered for the
last day.

Any suggestion?

Thanks
Larry