From: Andrew.Ogden on
Did you ever find a solution to this issue?

I have been experiencing the same thing since changing our domain admin
password.

Enabling the logging only shows me that the failed login attempts originate
from the DC logging the errors. I have been through my services ten times to
ensure none are left with the old password.