From: Sandra Poh on
Dear All,
I am not sure if my below explanation is clear enough. But would appreciate
if some one can enlighten me the cause and solution.

My users tried to access the file server using the server domain name.
For example, \\server123. Then the users are always prompted to input
the domain ID and password (eg, domain\users and password123).

Then, if the user access directly by server IP address, there is no such
issue.
I have tried to do the below.

01) Clear the cache in C:\Windows\Temp and
C:\Documents and Settings\user\temp.
02) Flush the DNS by the command "ipconfig.exe /flushdns"
03) Use ComboFix.exe

Then reboot the pc and the problem still exists. Pls help.

Many thanks and Best Regards
Sandra Poh
From: Kesavan.s on

this is from all systems or particular system?

--
Kesavan.s
Kesavan.s's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153118.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

From: Anteaus on
If you're trying to connect a computer to a domain controller but don't want
to or can't join the computer to the domain, try mylogon from
http://mylogon.net