From: susi on
How can I get the details about a subdomain?
ie mainly need to get the domain name.
From: David Schwartz on
On Mar 16, 7:55 am, susi <susmit...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I get the details about a subdomain?
> ie mainly need to get the domain name.

Cut off everything before and including the first '.'

Subdomain: www.google.com
Domain: google.com

It's really that easy.

DS
From: pk on
David Schwartz wrote:

> On Mar 16, 7:55 am, susi <susmit...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> How can I get the details about a subdomain?
>> ie mainly need to get the domain name.
>
> Cut off everything before and including the first '.'
>
> Subdomain: www.google.com
> Domain: google.com
>
> It's really that easy.

Well, it usually is, but if I understand what you mean, strictly speaking in
theory nothing prevents www.google.com from being in the .com domain rather
than in the google.com domain (actually zone, rather than domain).
From: Grant on
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 09:28:50 -0700 (PDT), David Schwartz <davids(a)webmaster.com> wrote:

>On Mar 16, 7:55 am, susi <susmit...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> How can I get the details about a subdomain?
>> ie mainly need to get the domain name.
>
>Cut off everything before and including the first '.'
>
>Subdomain: www.google.com
>Domain: google.com
>
>It's really that easy.

Yeah. Unless the TLD is a country code ;)

Grant.
From: Lew Pitcher on
On Mar 16, 10:55 am, susi <susmit...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> How can I get the details about a subdomain?
> ie mainly need to get the domain name.

Your question is not very clear. What do you mean by "details about a
subdomain"? What details?

"mainly need to get the domain name" - subdomains are one or more
qualifiers added on to a domain name. A domain name is one or more
qualifiers added on to a TLDn. How many qualifiers in your domain
names? If you don't know that, then you can't distinguish subdomains
from domains.