From: Neil Rutman on
Now it's mix 3.

Neil R

From: Here In Oregon on

"Neil Rutman" > Now it's mix 3.

Well I cannot A/B the mix from yesterday but I think what Rick said and you
responding with some EQ adjustment makes the mix sound better overall.
First, the opening acoustic guitar now sounds perfect. The mix also has
more bottom and there is now more beef in the rhythm guitar. Almost the
kind of chunkiness found in a nut filled chocolate chip cookie that I might
want to eat.

From: Here In Oregon on

"Rick Paul" > Still listening on my crappy computer speakers. I agree this
one sounds
> better, but it still sounds like it's missing bottom end and low mids
> here. If there is a bass guitar in it (and I'm pretty sure there is), I'm
> really not hearing it at all or maybe only hearing very faint traces.
> Similar thing for low range guitar and/or keyboards, though the greater
> presence of the organ and the electric guitar in the midrange are helping.

I hear the bass clearly here now and wouldn't recommend much more. Neil
does however have a lot of high end stuff going on which IMHO sounds good
and not grating. I am listening through a finely tuned system with two
subs, crossovers, mastering processors along with Apogee and Benchmark
convertors. The engineer who helped me build this studio spent two months
and at a great expense making my studio as accurate as possible with
microphone measurement tests, etc.. He was an engineer's engineer. Your
suggestion yesterday was dead on though *and* the kick and bass on "One of
the Boys" is a bit louder especially the kick but please don't change that
as it really seems to glue everything in that mix.

"Second Life" has some birds chirping at the beginning but 5 seconds in
becomes what sounds like annoying feedback. Neil I hope you hear that
before you go to print. Let me know when your album is ready to purchase.

From: Neil Rutman on
Thanks HIO. I actually put the feedback in on Second Life as an effect - but
I will revisit that.

Neil R