From: Rod Speed on
Marts wrote:

> We're on the Do Not Call Register. Today some Indian type (or someone
> from that region of the planet) called us to try and sell us insulation.

> My wife took the call but told the fellow that we didn't need his
> services. I wish that she got more details, particularly the company
> that this prick was calling on behalf of. I'd lodge a complaint.

Do you have caller ID enabled ?

> If we did, what are our chances of anything being done about it?

Nada, zero, ziltch, not a chance if you want them executed or sumfin.

The most you might get is someone telling them
that they arent allowed to call those on the DNCR.

They are legally required to present their caller id, but quite a few of them flout that law too.

From: The Old Bloke on
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:18:23 +1100, "Rod Speed"
<rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>Marts wrote:
>
>> We're on the Do Not Call Register. Today some Indian type (or someone
>> from that region of the planet) called us to try and sell us insulation.
>
>> My wife took the call but told the fellow that we didn't need his
>> services. I wish that she got more details, particularly the company
>> that this prick was calling on behalf of. I'd lodge a complaint.
>
>Do you have caller ID enabled ?
>
>> If we did, what are our chances of anything being done about it?
>
>Nada, zero, ziltch, not a chance if you want them executed or sumfin.
>
>The most you might get is someone telling them
>that they arent allowed to call those on the DNCR.
>
>They are legally required to present their caller id, but quite a few of them flout that law too.

I had an Asian-sounding telemarketer call me last night re insulation.
I have caller id enabled, and I am on the DNCR. Caller ID just showed
"overseas". Not much I can do about it.

Regards

From: Rob on
On 18/02/2010 10:41 AM, The Old Bloke wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:18:23 +1100, "Rod Speed"
> <rod.speed.aaa(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Marts wrote:
>>
>>> We're on the Do Not Call Register. Today some Indian type (or someone
>>> from that region of the planet) called us to try and sell us insulation.
>>
>>> My wife took the call but told the fellow that we didn't need his
>>> services. I wish that she got more details, particularly the company
>>> that this prick was calling on behalf of. I'd lodge a complaint.
>>
>> Do you have caller ID enabled ?
>>
>>> If we did, what are our chances of anything being done about it?
>>
>> Nada, zero, ziltch, not a chance if you want them executed or sumfin.
>>
>> The most you might get is someone telling them
>> that they arent allowed to call those on the DNCR.
>>
>> They are legally required to present their caller id, but quite a few of them flout that law too.
>>

> I had an Asian-sounding telemarketer call me last night re insulation.
> I have caller id enabled, and I am on the DNCR. Caller ID just showed
> "overseas". Not much I can do about it.
>
> Regards

there the ones I give an abrupt answer to or don't answer unless someone
I know is overseas.
From: pandama on
"The Old Bloke" <le0pardX(a)Xgmail.com>
> I had an Asian-sounding telemarketer call me last night re insulation.
> I have caller id enabled, and I am on the DNCR. Caller ID just showed
> "overseas". Not much I can do about it.

byond global indian identity thieves are ringing from acacia ridge with an
overseas number (probably a computer in india). they've rung me up 3 times
but gave up after my last foul mouthed tirade

From: Terryc on
The Old Bloke wrote:

> I had an Asian-sounding telemarketer call me last night re insulation.
> I have caller id enabled, and I am on the DNCR. Caller ID just showed
> "overseas". Not much I can do about it.

When they ask "How are you today" I just reply "busting" and drop the
handset onto the desk and carry on with whatever I'm doing. sooner or
later they hang up.