From: Greg Lovern on
Can anyone comment on the VBA protection of DoneEx XCell Compiler?

I asked DoneEx and they say they just hide the VBA code from view;
they don't compile it to binary. Any thoughts on how much risk there
is that someone could hack the protection and view my code?

http://doneex.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=10&Itemid=43

Thanks,

Greg
From: Peter T on
If you are thinking of going in that direction I'd recommend Orlando
Magalh�es Filho's XL to Exe

http://orlando.mvps.org/#XLtoExe

Regards,
Peter T

From: Greg Lovern on
Why? He doesn't say anything about protection except for a file-open
password.

Greg

From: Peter T on
Good question. I'm sure when I looked at it before there was a way to secure
the code (which I certainly couldn't break) but at the moment I don't see it
or recall how to do it. It might be worth asking him directly.