From: John McDowell on
Hi,

Apologies if this is wrong newsgroup, I wasn't sure if this or
microsoft.public.excel.sdk is better.

We're developing a set of XLL worksheet functions that have 5-8 difficult to
remember arguments.

While the argument descriptions passed to the registration function display
properly in the function wizard, they do not appear in the common case of
typing the function in the formula bar.

In addition, I have these related (but lesser) concerns:
- My worksheet function description does not appear when my function
name is being typed in the Formula Bar.
- My add-in description text is not displayed in the Add-in Wizard.

Unfortunately, the sample "GENERIC" provided in the SDK seems to have the
same issues.

I do not believe these are general limitations of the XLL SDK, as the
Analysis Toolpak XLL and its functions do not have these issues. For
example, add the Toolpak Add-In, observe the description and type "MROUND" in
the formula bar.

Can someone take a look at how to get argument descriptions to work in the
formula bar? I haven't been able to locate this knowledge in Steve Dalton's
book or on the existing internet resources.

Thanks very much,
John McDowell

From: Niek Otten on
Look here: