From: Eric on
for updating links, under Edit > Links, I have specify that
Excel always update links, and save it, when I open it next time, message
box is still pop up for confirmation.
Do you have any suggestions on how to skip the confirmation on updating links?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

From: Shane Devenshire on
What version of Excel are you using? In 2003 the option you want is Edit,
Links, Startup Prompt, Don't display the alert and update links.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

From: Eric on
I am using XP with SP3 and Excel 2003, and have done your following
instruction, but the message still pop up.
If file1.xls includes link connecting to file2.xls, and
If file2.xls includes link connecting to file3.xls, and
If file3.xls includes link connecting to file4.xls.
I have set option not to display alert and update links for file1.xls, but
when I open file1.xls, message is still pop up for updating confirmation.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

From: BillyBob on
"Eric" <Eric(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> for updating links, under Edit > Links, I have specify that
> Excel always update links, and save it, when I open it next time, message
> box is still pop up for confirmation.
> Do you have any suggestions on how to skip the confirmation on updating
> links?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

Eric,

Is there a reason you started a new thread about this same *exact* subject.
Continue in the same thread you started less than 12 hours ago.

Do you think by reposting someone will have some magical cure for your issue
? I believe *I* need a magical cure for *your* issue.

Your doctor,

BB