From: Greg Folkert on
On Sun, 2007-02-18 at 22:43 -0500, Ken Heard wrote:
> Is there anyone on this list who uses dosemu? I had it working on Sarge
> ever since Sarge came out, but I am having trouble getting it to work on
> Etch.

Exactly how did you install it?

--
greg(a)gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup
From: Ron Johnson on

In article <45D91CEB.4050006(a)heard.name>,
Ken Heard <ken(a)heard.name> wrote:
>Is there anyone on this list who uses dosemu? I had it working on Sarge
>ever since Sarge came out, but I am having trouble getting it to work on
>Etch.

If your PC is fast enough, why not use dosbox instead.

It uses cpu-emulation instead of vm86 mode, so it's a bit slower,
but it's a lot easier to get going (dos is built in, and it can
access the linux file system).

Mike.

Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels(a)cistron.nl> wrote:
> In article <45D91CEB.4050006(a)heard.name>,
> Ken Heard <ken(a)heard.name> wrote:
>>Is there anyone on this list who uses dosemu? I had it working on Sarge
>>ever since Sarge came out, but I am having trouble getting it to work on
>>Etch.
>
> If your PC is fast enough, why not use dosbox instead.
>
> It uses cpu-emulation instead of vm86 mode, so it's a bit slower,
> but it's a lot easier to get going (dos is built in, and it can
> access the linux file system).

Dosbox is great. I have been using it to play Microprose F1GP2 - vroom!

--
Stephen Chadfield

On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 10:18:42AM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

> If your PC is fast enough, why not use dosbox instead.
>
> It uses cpu-emulation instead of vm86 mode, so it's a bit slower,
> but it's a lot easier to get going (dos is built in, and it can
> access the linux file system).

In that case, qemu with the kqemu accelerator might be a good choice as
well.

Regards,

-Roberto

--