From: PA Bear on
You want to uninstall both versions listed in Add/Remove Programs.

What's listed in Add/Remove Programs?...

=> Microsoft .NET Framework v1.0 (with or without a Service Pack) or v1.1
(with or without a Service Pack)?

=> Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 (with or without a Service Pack)?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To obtain assistance for MS about your problem...

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

KathyB wrote:
> I appreciate your response. This is going to sound really stupid but...
> oh
> well. To uninstall the .NET framwork, do I go to Add/Remove programs to
> remove it? I see there that I have both version 1 and version 2 with some
> updates. Should I remove all of it? I am checking to be sure before I
> go
> in there and take out something for which I will be sorry later. Should I
> re-install only the latest version, which I believe is now version 3 or
> should I install what was there before?
>
> Thanks for your help.
> KathyB
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Here's the fix:
>>
>> 1. Uninstall the .NET Framework version(s) in question;
>>
>> 2. Download and run this Uninstall Clean-up tool:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=7A4EFC33-0343-4EE4-B0C4-97BD16967A09
>>
>> 3. Search the MS Download Center
>> (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/Search.aspx) for the .NET Framework
>> version(s) you need to reinstall, then download & install them;
>>
>> 4. Download/install the update(s) via Windows Update or Automatic
>> Updates.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
>>

>> KathyB wrote:
>>> I have a problem in my system that I've been told by a tech is a Dot Net
>>> issue. Symptoms: (1) All Microsoft Office programs run install
>>> everytime
>>> open one of them. (2) System will not install Microsoft updates. (3) I
>>> am
>>> unable to install an upgraded version of Quickbooks premiere (says it
>>> must
>>> operate on a .NET framework). Many things have been done to try to
>>> resolve
>>> it. Among them is to re-install .NET Framework and to run this fix --

From: KathyB on
Here is what is listed in Add/Remove Programs
v 1.0 HOTFIX (KB887998)
1.1
1.1 HOTFIX (KB886903)

2.0
SECURITY UPDATE (KB917283)
SECURITY UPDATE (KB922770)

I will remove it all as you suggested and then use the cleaner and download
1.0 and 2.0 then run the updates for them. I am about to be out for a while,
but will try all this when I get back. It has given me hope that something
will work.

If it does not work, I will open the support incident request.

Thanks,
Kathyb

From: PA Bear on
Reposting:

> To obtain assistance for MS about your problem...

> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527

If you uninstall .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 in Step #1, in Step #3 you'll
want to download and then install:

=> .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package (23.1MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en

OR...

..NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (10.2MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&DisplayLang=en

and

=> .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (22.4MB)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5

Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before beginning
Step 1 and leave them disabled until you've complete Step 3 and rebooted.
If you disable a third-party firewall, make sure you enable the Windows
Firewall.

Again, you can obtain free "hold my hand while I do this" support from
Microsoft. I do not represent Microsoft.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

From: KathyB on
I opened a support incident request concerning this issue but have not heard
back yet. I tried uninstalling .Net Framework both v 1.1 and 2.0. It will
not uninstall nor install. It is looking for a file called "netfx.msi" but
cannot find it. Any ideas?

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Reposting:
>
> > To obtain assistance for MS about your problem...
> >
> > Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527
>
> If you uninstall .NET Framework 1.1 and 2.0 in Step #1, in Step #3 you'll
> want to download and then install:
>
> => .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package (23.1MB)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=262D25E3-F589-4842-8157-034D1E7CF3A3&displaylang=en
>
> OR...
>
> ..NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (10.2MB)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a8f5654f-088e-40b2-bbdb-a83353618b38&DisplayLang=en
>
> and
>
> => .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (22.4MB)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5
>
> Tip: Temporarily disable real-time protection by your anti-virus and/or
> anti-spyware applications (e.g., CounterSpy, Spysweeper, Spybot, AVG
> Anti-Spyware) and/or any third-party firewall (e.g., ZA) before beginning
> Step 1 and leave them disabled until you've complete Step 3 and rebooted.
> If you disable a third-party firewall, make sure you enable the Windows
> Firewall.
>
> Again, you can obtain free "hold my hand while I do this" support from
> Microsoft. I do not represent Microsoft.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org
>

> KathyB wrote:
> > Here is what is listed in Add/Remove Programs
> > v 1.0 HOTFIX (KB887998)
> > 1.1
> > 1.1 HOTFIX (KB886903)
> >
> > 2.0
> > SECURITY UPDATE (KB917283)
> > SECURITY UPDATE (KB922770)
> >
> > I will remove it all as you suggested and then use the cleaner and
> > download
> > 1.0 and 2.0 then run the updates for them. I am about to be out for a
> > while, but will try all this when I get back. It has given me hope that
> > something will work.
> >
> > If it does not work, I will open the support incident request.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Kathyb
> >

> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> You want to uninstall both versions listed in Add/Remove Programs.
> >>
> >> What's listed in Add/Remove Programs?...
> >>
> >> => Microsoft .NET Framework v1.0 (with or without a Service Pack) or v1.1
> >> (with or without a Service Pack)?
> >>
> >> => Microsoft .NET Framework v2.0 (with or without a Service Pack)?
> >>
> >> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >>
> >> To obtain assistance for MS about your problem...
> >>
> >> Start a free Windows Update support incident request:
> >> https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=6527
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: KB928366
Next: Windows Update Fails with Code 80096004