From: julie on
I use ASAP Utilities which is a free pack of Excel macros. Under Export, there is a function called Copy Selection As Values. That copies everything except the double quotes to the clipboard. I assigned the function to Shift-Control-C and it works like a charm.

CarlT wrote:

Line Feed in Formula Adds Double Quotes?
21-Mar-10

I am trying to use a formula to create multiline text that I can copy and
paste into another application. The problem is the pasted text always comes
enclosed in double quotes which are not in the cell in Excel (and which I do
not want).

Cell A1 contains "CustomerName" (without quotes, I just typed CustomerName
directly into the cell).

Cell A2 contains "String" (again without the quotes)

Cell A3 contains the following formula:
="Public Property " & A1 & " As " & A2 & CHAR(13) & CHAR(10) & "End Property"

In Excel, cell A3 (when formatted to wrap lines) shows:
Public Property CustomerName As String
EndProperty

....just like I want it, on two separate lines. But when I select cell A3 and
copy, and then go to Notepad and paste, it appears in Notepad like this:
"Public Property CustomerName As String
EndProperty"

Where are these double quotes coming from and how can I get rid of them?

Thanks for any help or thoughts!

-Carl

On Sunday, March 21, 2010 9:33 PM
CarlT wrote:

[...]

On Friday, April 09, 2010 5:47 PM
julie kothari wrote:

Double quotes when using line feed
I use ASAP Utilities which is a free pack of Excel macros - just Google it. Under Export, there is a function called Copy Selection As Values. That copies everything except the double quotes to the clipboard. I assigned that function to Shift-Control-C and it works like a charm.

WPF Datagrid as ComboBox Dropdown Part 2
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5af72df7-5b0b-4ac2-be96-e24127040bbf/wpf-datagrid-as-combobox.aspx