From: auujxa2 via AccessMonster.com on
Is it possible to be able to drag a shape (rectangle, circle, etc.) from one
side of a form to another. (to simulate a simple 'mini blue print').

If so, any link or direction you can send me to accomplish this would be
fantastic.

If it is possible, is it also possible to rotate the shapes?

Thank you VERY much in advance.

From: KARL DEWEY on
Access forms are for presenting numberical and text data, not graphical
information.
--
Build a little, test a little.

From: auujxa2 via AccessMonster.com on
Karl,
No need to reply since you didn't know the answer... You could have simply
told me about the MouseDown function instead of wasting your time telling me
what YOU think Access is for and not for.

If there were to be no graphics on forms, there wouldn't be shapes to place
on forms, or ActiveX objects or pictures, etc.

I am using the majority of the form for presenting numeric and text data,
this drag and drop I just created using the mousedown function works
beautifully to support the numeric and text data.

From: vanderghast on
Access forms do not let you Paint on most of their surface, so for your
shapes rotations (like having a rectangle with its sides NOT parallel to
the side of the form) , you are left with work-around, such as displaying a
bitmap that you will also keep in memory: you paint on the bitmap in memory
and then transfer it as the source for the picture control on the form.
Stephen Lebans has packaged some of the functionalities, presented at his
site http://www.lebans.com/.

Vanderghast, Access MVP