From: Peter on
Hi,
I have owner draw fixed CMyTabCtrl derived from CTabCtrl.
It has overriden DrawItem() and I tried to draw text on tabs with help of
DrawText() or TextOut().
On my control I need vertical tabs but horizontal text on tabs.
When I set vertical tabs in resource editor then in run-time all texts has
vertical orientation on tabs which I dont want.

How to change text orientation from vertical to horizontal with DrawText()
or TextOut() ? Where is stored such property ?
How to enlarge tab size in CMyTabCtrl ? (I need to have larger than standard
tab sizes)

Peter

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
If you do it using GM_ADVANCED, you can use different values for LOGFONT::lfOrientation
and LOGFONT::lfEscapement. If you select lfEscapement as -900 (it's in tenths of a
degree) and lfOrientation as 0, then

"Sample Text"

displays as

You can download my FontExplorer from my MVP Tips site, and select the "L" toobar button
to get the LOGFONT Explorer.

Note that you have to draw the captions yourself.

I'm not sure how to set the tab size.
joe

On Thu, 27 Nov 2008 10:56:00 -0800, Peter <Peter(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have owner draw fixed CMyTabCtrl derived from CTabCtrl.
>It has overriden DrawItem() and I tried to draw text on tabs with help of
>DrawText() or TextOut().
>On my control I need vertical tabs but horizontal text on tabs.
>When I set vertical tabs in resource editor then in run-time all texts has
>vertical orientation on tabs which I dont want.
>
>How to change text orientation from vertical to horizontal with DrawText()
>or TextOut() ? Where is stored such property ?
>How to enlarge tab size in CMyTabCtrl ? (I need to have larger than standard
>tab sizes)
>
>Peter
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com