From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message

> What do you do with five different drum kits and a full set of
> percussion? Write a drums only song! Hehe, this starts out
> using nothing but my cocktail kit (the new sampled version),
> then introduces my normal DW/Superior kit, followed by some
> percussion, an industrial kit, a phased kit, and a noise maker
> kit. I call it "Drum Corpse" at:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=9111012

That was freekin great!
Very musical sounding kits.

Poly

From: Michael on
Real *music* done with pretty much just kit drums! I love this (although -
as always - it's way too friggin' short ;-)

The Double Dead Guy jug also makes a *great* logo, man!

From: John Braner on
On 07/05/2010 17:41, Glennbo wrote:
> What do you do with five different drum kits and a full set of
> percussion? Write a drums only song! Hehe, this starts out
> using nothing but my cocktail kit (the new sampled version),
> then introduces my normal DW/Superior kit, followed by some
> percussion, an industrial kit, a phased kit, and a noise maker
> kit. I call it "Drum Corpse" at:
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=9111012

It sounds really good for sampled drums ;-)

--
===========
John Braner

jbraner(a)NOblueyonderSPAM.co.uk
http://cdbaby.com/cd/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
From: Martin Holmes on
Glennbo wrote:
> What do you do with five different drum kits and a full set of
> percussion? Write a drums only song! Hehe, this starts out
> using nothing but my cocktail kit (the new sampled version),
> then introduces my normal DW/Superior kit, followed by some
> percussion, an industrial kit, a phased kit, and a noise maker
> kit. I call it "Drum Corpse" at:
>
> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=9111012

Hehe! Drum solos never sounded so good back in the day when people did
drum solos.
From: polymod on

> In news:pFdFn.3340$wV2.2431(a)newsfe23.iad the killer robot Martin Holmes
> <mholmesDEATHTOSPAM(a)uvic.ca> grabbed the controls of the spaceship
> cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> What do you do with five different drum kits and a full set of
> >> percussion? Write a drums only song! Hehe, this starts out
> >> using nothing but my cocktail kit (the new sampled version),
> >> then introduces my normal DW/Superior kit, followed by some
> >> percussion, an industrial kit, a phased kit, and a noise maker
> >> kit. I call it "Drum Corpse" at:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=403575&songID=9111012

> > Hehe! Drum solos never sounded so good back in the day when people did
> > drum solos.
>
> HEHEHEHEeHeHeHeHe . . . Wipeout! <g>
>
> I actually dislike drum solos in general, because they are
> usually about technique and dexterity, rather than saying
> something musically. I much prefer to play something complicated
> with other musicians over taking a solo. That said, I don't mind
> the little fill solos you hear in jazz sometimes that are just
> a measure or two, then back to the groove.

You would love the 'drum solo' by Pip Pyle when he was with National Health.
It was sung rather than played:

"Phlak
Phlakka phlakka phlakaton cash
Ker-chaffa, ker-chaffa