From: polymod on

"Glennbo" <vdrumsYourHeadFromYourAss(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> I have the Prophet *2002* which is a rack mount version of the 2000.
> >>
> >> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3209/2294772741_6e63b0855e.jpg
> >
> > Duh ! ! ! !
> > I read your post a hunderd times and missed that! My mind kept seeing
> > 2000.
> >
> > Now I know egzaktly what you mean.
> > Although if the samples were something I'd use more than once, I might
> > make it a rainy day/beer drinking project!
>
> If I were to approach a project like that, I'd definately try to just
> sample the samples, and get them into something else, like Vsampler.

Absolutely.
BTW, how many samples did you do ( I know you said you did every other note,
but did you do an octave...two octaves?)

Poly

From: polymod on

> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> If I were to approach a project like that, I'd definately try to just
> >> sample the samples, and get them into something else, like Vsampler.
> >
> > Absolutely.
> > BTW, how many samples did you do ( I know you said you did every other
> > note, but did you do an octave...two octaves?)
>
> It was around two, and took me numerous tries to hit the high notes
> cleanly. I could play big chords with it that sounded similar to this.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHNjiwXXYF8

Then I'd say it's worth consideration !

Poly

From: polymod on

> The killer robot "polymod" <polymod(a)optonline.net> grabbed the controls of
> the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
> >> It was around two, and took me numerous tries to hit the high notes
> >> cleanly. I could play big chords with it that sounded similar to this.
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHNjiwXXYF8
> >
> > Then I'd say it's worth consideration !
>
> I might just try doing a new one at some point with Vsampler. I've got
way
> better mics and preamps than I had when I did the original sample set, and
> with Reaper's incredible pitch manipulation, I could fudge the top notes.

Agreed. Sometimes things are better left in memory. I'm sure anything you'd
do now would surpass the old samples.

Poly

From: Sue Morton on
Maybe. But that's how we would remember it! <GGG>
--
Sue Morton

<snip>