From: mbegz on
Hi all

One of the Dual Gigabit LAN port in my mother IP35 Pro suddenly
stopped working. It was used go to the router for another computer to
log on the Internet. I have disabled the port which is #1 according
to BIOS. Now I am using Ethernet card for that.

I have updated the BIOS long time ago, so it is not BIOS update which
did it.

How can I can it work again. Thanks
From: Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps) on
> I have updated the BIOS long time ago, so it is not BIOS update which
> did it.
> How can I can it work again. Thanks

If you thought it's the BIOS, you'd better email the distributor's
technical support.

Are you sure that you didn't disable the port at Device Manager or alike?

Does the LED of the port in question light up?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.34
From: mbegz on
On Thu, 20 May 2010 21:41:37 +0800, "Man-wai Chang to The Door
(33600bps)" <toylet.toylet(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have updated the BIOS long time ago, so it is not BIOS update which
>> did it.
>> How can I can it work again. Thanks
>
>If you thought it's the BIOS, you'd better email the distributor's
>technical support.
>
>Are you sure that you didn't disable the port at Device Manager or alike?
>
>Does the LED of the port in question light up?

I did not disable it in the BIOS, and yes the LED of the port in
question does not light up. Thanks.
From: Ken Maltby on

<mbegz(a)noaddress.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 20 May 2010 21:41:37 +0800, "Man-wai Chang to The Door
> (33600bps)" <toylet.toylet(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> I have updated the BIOS long time ago, so it is not BIOS update which
>>> did it.
>>> How can I can it work again. Thanks
>>
>>If you thought it's the BIOS, you'd better email the distributor's
>>technical support.
>>
>>Are you sure that you didn't disable the port at Device Manager or alike?
>>
>>Does the LED of the port in question light up?
>
> I did not disable it in the BIOS, and yes the LED of the port in
> question does not light up. Thanks.

If you are running under XP and have "Device Manager", how is your ethernet
adapter/NIC/
"Network adapter" described? Is there a yellow tag? In its property page,
is it described as
working - or is a problem described?

Luck;
Ken

P. S. My Network adapter suddenly stoped working, with the problem
description being
that XP couldn't load the proper driver (error code 31). No attempt to
reinstall the driver
worked and I thought the hardware must have failed. Just to be thorough I
did a restore
and it is now working again.