From: Iram on
Hello,
Is there an easy way to duplicate a record in a continuous form?
More yet, how would you write a query to duplicate the current record based.
I would suppose some time of Append Query right? If so how would you write
it? Please describe steps in an easy way to understand.

Thanks!
Iram
From: Daniel Hafdelin on
On Apr 24, 6:56 pm, Iram <I...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> Is there an easy way to duplicate a record in a continuous form?
> More yet, how would you write a query to duplicate the current record based.
> I would suppose some time of Append Query right? If so how would you write
> it? Please describe steps in an easy way to understand.
>
> Thanks!
> Iram

Hi Iram,

Yes, an append query would be the best way to go. Create a query that
we'll call my query. This query will contain the table that you are
using in the continuous form. We'll call this "MyQuery". Assuming that
you have an auto-id field for a unique identifer in the table that
you're using in the continuous forms, we'll call this field "ID". Now,
in the query, for the criteria for the "ID" field, place this [Forms]!
[YourFormName]![ID].

Next create a button in your sub-form and place something likc this in
its on click event.

CurrentDb.Execute "MyQuery"

This will duplicate the current record that you're on.

Dan

Pages: 1
Prev: Query or Table Description
Next: Custom Function