From: sam-it on
If a message comes in from the Internet to a Global Distribution group and a
cc to a member of that same distribution group, that user is receiving the
mail twice?

The header of the duplicate messages is the same.

This is not the case with all distribution groups in my environment, not
does it happen with all senders to the problematic DG.

Can someone suggest what i should be looking?

chris
From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
Without knowing the version of Exchange or the specifics of your
environment, I think the problem is related to the path the message takes
with respect to the server(s) that do the address list expansion. The cc
recipient could be resolved before the list is expanded and so the message
can be split at that point (Microsoft calls it "bifurcated") and so the
message could end up at the same recipient twice.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: sam-it on
Thanks for the reply Ed. Let me fill in some of the blanks. We front
Exchange with Sendmail to the Internet. So, mail from the Internet hits our
sendmail server which basically does a lookup in an alias file to ensure the
recipient is valid, and then forwards the message onto our Exchange 2007 HT,
Mailbox server, which is running Version 8.2 (Build 176.2) which I understand
to be SP2. We have a seperate CAS Exchange 2007 server running the same
version.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Without knowing the version of Exchange or the specifics of your
> environment, I think the problem is related to the path the message takes
> with respect to the server(s) that do the address list expansion. The cc
> recipient could be resolved before the list is expanded and so the message
> can be split at that point (Microsoft calls it "bifurcated") and so the
> message could end up at the same recipient twice.
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> ..
>
> "sam-it" <samit(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If a message comes in from the Internet to a Global Distribution group
> > and a
> > cc to a member of that same distribution group, that user is receiving the
> > mail twice?
> >
> > The header of the duplicate messages is the same.
> >
> > This is not the case with all distribution groups in my environment, not
> > does it happen with all senders to the problematic DG.
> >
> > Can someone suggest what i should be looking?
> >
> > chris
>
> .

Pages: 1
Prev: 2010 booking attendant