From: RnR on
Is the CMOS battery under the keyboard? I forgot since I took the
keyboard out last time. Also is there a good source other than Dell
to buy one from? Do I need a part number for this?

Just as a side note I was getting some erratic behavior. Had jerky
sound and mouse movement just recently so I did several things nothing
helped. Then I noticed my clock was slow so I thought of the CMOS
battery so I flipped over the laptop and by accident opened the
modem/blue tooth compartment and for no good reason pressed down on
the modem. Now the clock is working fine but I still think the
battery is the problem. Perhaps I just reseated it inadvertently
while flipping over the laptop, who knows.
From: Christopher Muto on
RnR wrote:
> Is the CMOS battery under the keyboard? I forgot since I took the
> keyboard out last time. Also is there a good source other than Dell
> to buy one from? Do I need a part number for this?
>

> Just as a side note I was getting some erratic behavior. Had jerky
> sound and mouse movement just recently so I did several things nothing
> helped. Then I noticed my clock was slow so I thought of the CMOS
> battery so I flipped over the laptop and by accident opened the
> modem/blue tooth compartment and for no good reason pressed down on
> the modem. Now the clock is working fine but I still think the
> battery is the problem. Perhaps I just reseated it inadvertently
> while flipping over the laptop, who knows.

instructions for replacing the coin-cell battery in a dell inspiron
e1405 laptop...
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins640m/en/SM/coinbatt.htm#wp1123661
From: RnR on
On Sun, 16 May 2010 17:59:49 -0400, Christopher Muto
<muto(a)worldnet.att.net> wrote:

>RnR wrote:
>> Is the CMOS battery under the keyboard? I forgot since I took the
>> keyboard out last time. Also is there a good source other than Dell
>> to buy one from? Do I need a part number for this?
>>

>> Just as a side note I was getting some erratic behavior. Had jerky
>> sound and mouse movement just recently so I did several things nothing
>> helped. Then I noticed my clock was slow so I thought of the CMOS
>> battery so I flipped over the laptop and by accident opened the
>> modem/blue tooth compartment and for no good reason pressed down on
>> the modem. Now the clock is working fine but I still think the
>> battery is the problem. Perhaps I just reseated it inadvertently
>> while flipping over the laptop, who knows.
>
>instructions for replacing the coin-cell battery in a dell inspiron
>e1405 laptop...
>http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins640m/en/SM/coinbatt.htm#wp1123661

Yeah, I saw this earlier but I couldn't tell if it was still under the
keyboard but Ben said yes it is, as I suspected. Thanks Chris for
the link regardless. Of course you didn't know I had seen it because
I didn't mention it. Thank you.

Would you believe the thing is working fine since I supposedly fixed
it <g>. I will still replace the battery since it's a cheap part.