From: Olli on
Hello Im working with the EDK and now I have got a question. At the moment I download the Hardware with the EDK and then I download and start the Software with the debuger. How can I load the Software and Hardware into the Flash, so that I can start run the system without the JTAG chain? With Impact I can only load the Hardware into the Flash and it works. There is an option in the EDK to load the software into the Flash but that doesnt works fine and I still have to use XMD. I there a possibility to put the *.elf and *.bit file together?

Now my second question: I build a sytem which uses uc/OS II and the Micrium TCP/IP stack and I have got a timing problem. I created an ISR for a module with a little arithmetic operation to measure the time it will take to solve it. It takes around 2us for 5 assembler instructions. Furthermore it takes around 20us to enter the interruptconrollerhandler after the hardware generated the interrupt. Could it be that this problem exits because I use the debugger to run the Software?

Im using the ML403 evalboard and the Microblaze(100MHz).

I hope somebody can help me.

Cu Olli
From: Ron on
Olli wrote:
> How can I load the Software and Hardware into the Flash,
> so that I can start run the system without the JTAG chain?

Usually there is an option to create a PROM file instead of a bitstream
file. In Xilinx Project Navigator's "Process View", underneath the
"Generate Programming File" process is the selection "Generate PROM,
ACE, or JTAG File," which I assume is for creating a file to load the
serial PROM that contains the design that runs at power on.

You may need to change some jumpers in order to program the serial PROM
also.

Ron
From: Olli on
Hi Where do I find the Project Navigator? I'm only working with the EDK and I use Impact to generate an *.EXO file from the EDK *.bit file and I can load my hardware from the flash. My problem is ,that the *.bit file from the EDK only comprised the hardware and not the software. I dont now how I can create a file which contains the hardware and the software ( my program and a bootloader, which runs my software in the ddr-ram).

Olli
From: Olli on
Hi

There is more than one FLASH memory >on ML403

I'm using the platform flash 32p

create a bootloader application Yes I did it already

while writing your main *.elf file into the Linear FLASH. Then you >need
to update your bitstream with >the bootloader elf (this by default >will
create download.bit file) and >then program the Platform FLASH >using
Impact.

Yes I updated the bitstream with the bootloader and download the hardware with Impact. Thats why I asked the question, it doesn't work ;). I download the *.srec at an high offset and the bootloader was generated automaticly.

Is there an other option?

cu Olli
From: MM on
> I'm using the platform flash 32p

This will be storing your bitstream combined with the bootloader only, the
main program will be stored in the linear flash.

> I download the *.srec at an high offset and the bootloader was generated
automaticly.

You don't need an offset, as the *.srec gets loaded to a different flash.
However, unless the offset is too big for the memory it shouldn't be a
problem (provided it was set when you generated the bootloader as well)...

/Mikhail